Numerical sequencing of the human genome
2001/07/01 Elhuyar Zientzia Iturria: Elhuyar aldizkaria
According to scientists from the private company Celera Genomics, the human genome has between 26,383 and 39,114 genes. So far, 95% of the human genome has been sequenced, that is, 26,383 genes and the reliability of the data obtained is 99.96%. 99.99% of the genome is the same among people, so the remaining 0.01% is the one that separates humans.
They say that in gene sequencing there are 2.1 million mutations. The DNA of two men and three women, one African American, one Chinese and Mexican and two Caucasians, has been used for genome sequencing. A total of 282 scientists from the United States, Australia and Spain have worked.