Meetings for reflection: NESKA POWER
2021/04/28 STEAM-Hezkuntza (Elhuyar Zientzia)
Entity: CIC nanoGUNE.
Duration of meetings: Workshop of approximately 3 hours.
Place: at CIC NanoGUNE headquarters.
High school and high school students. Led by nanoGUNE researchers, girls are "a day of nanoscience". In groups of 4-5 students, with the help of professional researchers, a dynamic is performed at NanoGUNE.
They are given a chip and a lab sheet and various measurements and experiments are performed by recording the results. The participating girls have the opportunity to project themselves into a work environment like this. At the end the snack is made and they have the opportunity to talk about their interests.
- By participating without family and without teachers, they reinforce self-confidence.
- It is an encounter between equals, characterized by closeness.
- It completely outperforms gender roles.
- Participants know the researcher and his professional environments, tools, etc.
- It allows you to get out of frikism.
For more inspirational encounters click here.