Presented the awards of the video contest Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka
2020/12/18 STEAM-Hezkuntza (Elhuyar Zientzia)
Today, December 18, the awards ceremony of the first edition of the video contest for the presentation of research projects and technological projects of the Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka Fair was held.
The awards ceremony took place at the Ensanche in Bilbao and it has been possible to watch it live by streaming. The event was presented by Maitane Alonso Monasterio and Magician Eleder, former members of Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka. A total of 241 young people, 160 girls and 81 boys participated. Both school and out-of-school jobs have been received, a total of 81, 55 in Basque, 20 in Spanish and 6 in English.
The competition has been divided into three different categories depending on the age and so the prizes have been awarded the sponsors of Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka.The winners have obtained a trip to the park Futuroscope:
- Category DBH 1-2:“Research of terrestrial microbes with scientific method” has been awarded.
- Authors: Authors: Nora Saiz Guijarro, Ixone Nogales Martinez and Eire Martín Vázquez.
- Content: "Using the scientific method, they investigate terrestrial microbes and clarify the convenience of eating slices of bread fallen to the ground. To do this, they have analyzed in the laboratory the slices of bread that have been in contact with the earth in different periods of time".
- Evaluation of the evaluation team: highlights the good approach of the work and integrity of the video, together with the informative narrative used. The prize has been awarded by Koldo Narbaiza Olaskoaga, councilman of the Basque Country and Education Area of the Bilbao City Council.
- Category DBH 3-4:The prize has been for “Together we can!”
- Authors: Authors: Leire Gallego Miranda, Elene Cascán Asporosa and María Zarrabeitia Mendez.
- Content: "They have created a game about feminism with the aim of working on awareness among young people of primary school. The game has been adapted to each level of knowledge. They have tested the game and drawn conclusions by sex, age and question type. Among other things, girls have shown more interest than boys in the game of feminism."
- Assessment of the evaluation team: highlights that they have chosen a topic of great relevance and that have carried out an adequate dissemination to the different age groups. The award was presented by Joseba Mariezkurrena Cuesta, Director of Entrepreneurship and Business Competitiveness of the Bizkaia Provincial Council.
- Category BATX 1-2:“DEEPFAE: Appearances mislead” has been the winner of the award.
- Authors: Authors: Unai García López, Alex Bouza Guerreiro, Mikel González Garmendia and Eneko Mosquero Gómez.
- Content: "They have talked about Deepfaf technology capable of changing the faces of people of videos using artificial intelligence and algorithms. In addition to remembering some known cases in recent years, they have explained how the technology that hides behind this phenomenon occurs. What's more, they have also used the Deepfare in the video presented."
- Assessment of the evaluation team: indicates that they have chosen a very innovative topic. He adds that they have produced their work in a very professional way, with a well-crafted script and adequate effects. The prize has been awarded by the Basque Government Vice-Minister of Education, Begoña Pedrosa Lobato.
All the works presented to the contest of videos Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka are available in the web of Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka.
2020-2021 Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka en marcha
On 1 January the deadline for enrolling in Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka of the course 2020-2021 opens. Due to the situation a virtual edition is expected throughout the process. However, if the circumstances allow it, a face-to-face fair will be held in Bilbao in May 2021.
Information to participate in Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka and pre-registration form.